Monday, June 23, 2008

White balance (or grey balance) correction in iPhoto 6

Point-and-click white balance correction is one of the great features in Aperture and I really want it in iPhoto. However, I did not buy Apple Aperture (whether 1 or 2) as it costs me $199 to do so.

Lucky me, today I found a blog entry at menyheard.net about white balance in iPhoto 6. He (or she) found this function accenditally. It is so simple: just hold command key while you are eiditing a photo and click any point you want to make it white. Actually, after I read the help in iPhoto 6, this function (command + click any point in the editing photo) is called "grey balance". The point that we click will be determined as "grey" (my guess is 18% grey as being used in many DSLR exposure evaluation) and then the program will adjust the picture to match your evaluation point automatically.

And that is it :)

2 comments:

Chatchavan said...

Hi.

This is not applicable with iPhoto'08. The function is explicitly exposed in the adjustment panel.

Anonymous said...

Well said.